About the role:
We are looking for a Regional Portfolio Manager: Machine Vision & Identification (MVI) to establish and develop the MV&I Solutions division based in Linbro Park, Gauteng.
Main purpose of the role:
The role will include overseeing all aspects of MV&I operations nationally, including business development and sales, order processing, planning, and administration.
A large opportunity for our MV&I Portfolio exists in our Industrial Technology Division and this position will therefore primarily focus on growing a national footprint for this division.
Role responsibilities are:
- To service a national customer base in the Industrial Technology Division.
- Determination of customer requirements and deriving solution proposals in cooperation with sales.
- Regularly visiting customers, building, and maintaining relationships with them, generation of sales leads and orders, introducing customers to our product range with product samples and demonstrations or brochures, catalogues, and electronic media, management of problems, and ensuring overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring the company CRM is correctly and fully used.
- Developing new & innovative business areas and creating business cases for MV&I Solutions Portfolio.
- Research the markets for which the Regional Portfolio Manager is responsible, new, and existing.
- Participation in regional customer projects involving MV&I Solutions.
- Collaboration throughout the Rubicon group companies to share and co-develop joint business opportunities.
- Ensure that supplier relationships are maintained and that sales channels are well defined.
- Engage suppliers on sales and marketing issues.
- Intervene in account problems, product warranty issues, and supplier interactions.
- Set stock levels, in line with the regional growth plan, with market and catalogue requirements.
Role requirements are:
Experience & Qualifications
- Qualification: BSc Engineering Degree/NQF7 level or equivalent
- Qualification: Electrical Qualification beneficial
- Experience: 5+ yrs of professional and industry experience in sales of technical products and systems (Machine Vision and Identification)
- Experience: 5 yrs experience in customer relation management.
Job Skills & Knowledge:
- Machine Vision knowledge within the Automotive Industry, highly preferred.
- Financial Literacy in respect of managing budgets for projects, project costing etc.
- Quantitative and analytical skills - with a keen understanding of how numbers will affect outcomes over both the short and long term.
- Computer literacy – highly Computer literate and comfortable with basic technical aspects of common operating systems with Microsoft Office general excellence.
- Competent Professional business written and verbal communications skills.
- Communicates with confidence and demonstrates strategic and technical mastery of their platform area when interacting with internal and external customers.
- An ability to provide excellent customer service - Serviced focus by responding to customers’ needs by doing it right the first time.
- Actively engages key stakeholders to drive business requirements.
- Disciplined approach; punctual, reliable, timeous follow through with internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail coupled with the ability to see big picture implications.
- Ability to be flexible in approach and adjust when needed.
- An ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests.
- A creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude.
- A high degree of independence and personal responsibility.
- Pronounced customer and solution orientation.
- Assertiveness and organizational talent.
- Self-motivated - Meet and exceed all that is required of you in your job.
- Own vehicle and valid driver’s licence
- Ability to traverse various workspaces easily
- Ability to travel to different regions when required
Rubicon Group is a vertically-integrated, sustainable technology group, providing end-to-end products, services, and software solutions in the fields of:
- Renewable energy
- Energy storage
- Smart building and smart retail technology
- Power solutions; and
- Industrial technology
These are some of the fastest growing and most exciting sectors of the global economy, and present our staff with multiple personal and professional development opportunities.
Rubicon’s extensive customer base consists of corporate and retail clients, and include large, blue-chip multinational retail groups, property developers, and EPC customers in the renewable energy sector. Our supplier and commercial partners include leading global manufacturers and some of the best-known local brands. The group employs approximately 500 people, and is head-quartered in Cape Town, South Africa, but operates throughout Southern Africa and in the UK. We are backed by two of the largest private investment groups in South Africa.
More information on the group can be found at:
Group website: https://group.rubiconsa.com/
E-commerce website: https://shop.rubiconsa.com/