About the Sales Consultant role
We are looking for an experienced Sales Consultant for our Sustainable Buildings - Lighting Division based in Briardene, Durban. This role works closely with customers to grow and promote the sale of Rubicon products including, but not limited to, generating new business opportunities, qualifying leads, developing long-term customer relationships, implementing strategic plans, and managing assigned customer accounts.
- Integrate and align sales plans for assigned customers
- Prepare action plans for effective search of sales leads and prospects within assigned sales regions
- Develop profitable and sustainable sales growth through engagement with current and potential customers within the assigned sales region
- Perform B2B sales activities
- Strive to meet and exceed sales goals as assigned by the Division Head of Lighting and Sales Manager
- Schedule regular, in-person customer meetings (set targets to be met),
- Establish and maintain productive, long term professional relationships with decision-makers at customer organizations and create action plans for follow-up; Key accounts could require monthly/weekly visits
- Close and grow sales through professional communication and interaction with current and potential customers and provide exemplary customer service throughout the sales cycle
- Collect and maintain information on the accounts, organization, budget, and preferences of current and potential customers; Be well versed in the customer’s problems and goals
- Manage and interpret customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate, and meet their needs.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Support customers with technical advice
- Create and maintain account plans for assigned customers and value opportunities
- Communicate sales or service opportunities and customer concerns or suggestions
- Identify, investigate, track and resolve customer concerns or complaints, identify trends, implement solutions, and recommend a course of action on how to alleviate these in the future
- Coordinate sales team to provide exemplary service to customers and work closely with other company departments to prevent and resolve issues in project designs, stores, or logistics
- Research sources for developing prospective customers for information to determine their potential
- Expand market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and services effectively
- Maintain records of customer communications and contact information as required through the relevant internal platforms (e.g. HubSpot; NetSuite)
- Prepare Quotes
- Attend and participate in trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events
- Maintain awareness of pertinent client information, payment performance; communicate and client information that may affect company decisions to appropriate departments as needed
- Communicate market requirements and market data with sales teams and managers
In our environment, an excellent sales advisor is energetic and outgoing with excellent interpersonal skills. Our ideal candidates are able to acquire a thorough knowledge of the company’s products and pass that knowledge to customers with great enthusiasm and confidence.
The goal is to facilitate sales and ongoing sales relationships to drive sustainable growth.
Role requirements are:
- At Minimum a Matric/NQF4 equivalent
- Proven track record of 3 yrs as an External Sales Consultant with Lighting industry experience (not negotiable)
- Must have relevant industry experience and knowledge
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Own vehicle and valid unendorsed driver's licence
Rubicon Group is a vertically-integrated, sustainable technology group, providing end-to-end products, services, and software solutions in the fields of:
- Renewable energy
- Energy storage
- Smart building and smart retail technology
- Power solutions; and
- Industrial technology
These are some of the fastest growing and most exciting sectors of the global economy, and present our staff with multiple personal and professional development opportunities.
Rubicon’s extensive customer base consists of corporate and retail clients, and include large, blue-chip multinational retail groups, property developers, and EPC customers in the renewable energy sector. Our supplier and commercial partners include leading global manufacturers and some of the best-known local brands. The group employs approximately 500 people, and is head-quartered in Cape Town, South Africa, but operates throughout Southern Africa and in the UK. We are backed by two of the largest private investment groups in South Africa.
More information on the group can be found at:
Group website: https://group.rubiconsa.com/
E-commerce website: https://shop.rubiconsa.com/