We are hiring a Product Engineer to join our team in Richmond Park, Cape Town. The purpose of the role is to support the ongoing development of our world class energy management systems. This role includes a diverse set of disciplines from power electronics to IoT communications.
- Set up Modbus RTU and TCP comms
- Apply site specific settings
- Confirm accuracy of collected measurements
- Confirm effective control of all assets
Hardware in the loop (HIL)
- Validation testing of new functions, features and integrations
- Regression testing of firmware and software releases
Work closely with tech support staff and the product team to:
- Fingerprint new issues to expedite future identification
- Roll out updates and fixes
- Assist in product specification and development
- Continuously build and develop technical competency and skills.
Required knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Electronics, Electrical or Mechatronics engineering degree or advanced diploma or similar;
• 2+ yrs experience in:
• Microgrids; and / or
• Battery Energy Storage Systems; and / or
• HIL product testing; and / or
• Hardware development; and / or
• Software / firmware development
The following would all be advantageous in your application:
• General programming experience in languages such as Go, Python, Java, C, C++ etc.
• Knowledge of electrical power systems
• Experience with industrial networks communications such as Modbus
• Another relevant diploma or degree (e.g., renewable energy)
Availability & Ability to travel occasionally - locally and possibly internationally.
• Computer literacy – highly Computer literate and comfortable with technical aspects of common operating systems
• Microsoft Office general excellence
• Competent, professional business written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to express yourself clearly and effectively within the company.
• Team player who relishes working with others collaboratively to deliver a top-class result through joint effort
• Ability to build internal and external relationships
• Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
• Attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture
• A creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude.
• Self-motivated and highly driven - meet and exceed all that is required of your department and staff
Rubicon Group is a vertically-integrated, sustainable technology group, providing end-to-end products, services, and software solutions in the fields of:
These are some of the fastest growing and most exciting sectors of the global economy, and present our staff with multiple personal and professional development opportunities.
Rubicon’s extensive customer base consists of corporate and retail clients, and include large, blue-chip multinational retail groups, property developers, and EPC customers in the renewable energy sector. Our supplier and commercial partners include leading global manufacturers and some of the best-known local brands. The group employs approximately 500 people, and is head-quartered in Cape Town, South Africa, but operates throughout Southern Africa and in the UK. We are backed by two of the largest private investment groups in South Africa.
More information on the group can be found at:
Group website: https://group.rubiconsa.com/
E-commerce website: https://shop.rubiconsa.com/