About the Office and Facilities Administrator role
The Office and Facilities Administrative Support plays a vital role in Supporting the Operations Officer to ensure the smooth operation of the office environment and the efficient functioning of facilities in the Cape Town offices. This position involves a combination of administrative tasks, day to day office management, and facilities coordination to create a conducive and organized workplace.
- Maintain office supplies inventory, reorder supplies as needed, and ensure a well-stocked and organized supply room.
- Assist in the requirements for schedule meetings, conferences, and appointments, coordinating calendars, booking meeting rooms, and arranging refreshments as may be required
- Back-Up Reception Support in managing incoming and outgoing correspondence, emails, and phone calls, directing them to appropriate individuals or departments.
- Prepare and format documents, reports, presentations, and spreadsheets as required.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness, orderliness, and appearance of the office spaces.
- Collaborate with maintenance and cleaning personnel to ensure the office is well-maintained and presentable at all times as.
- Coordinate office repairs, equipment maintenance, and servicing, promptly addressing any issues that arise as directed by your line manager.
- Co-ordinate vendors and service providers related to facilities, including janitorial, security, and maintenance services as directed by your line manager
- Greet and assist visitors, clients, and guests, ensuring a positive and professional experience.
- Coordinate visitor access, security protocols, and visitor badges as required.
- Arrange for catering and refreshments for meetings and events involving external guests as may be directed
- Maintain accurate and organized records related to office expenses, vendor contracts, and facilities maintenance as directed by your line manager
- Assist in preparing expense reports and budget tracking related to facilities and office supplies.
- Compile and present relevant data and reports to management as requested.
Health and Safety Compliance:
- Support compliance with health and safety regulations and emergency procedures as directed by your line manager.
- Support the coordination of fire drills, evacuation plans, and safety equipment checks as directed by your line manager.
- Address safety concerns promptly and report any incidents to the appropriate authorities.
The role primarily operates within the office environment but may require occasional interactions with external vendors and service providers. The Office and Facilities Administrative Support will need to move around the office spaces to perform various tasks related to facilities coordination.
Role requirements are:
- Matric/NQF4 level qualification is essential
- 3-5 years' experience of working as an Office Administrator/Facilities Support or other relevant position essential
- Tertiary Qualification in business administration or other relevant area will be advantageous
- Valid driver's licence (essential), own vehicle (preferred)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with good patience and professionalism
- Experience with basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures would be preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Good practical experience with office equipment
- Experience in customer service
- Organized and reliable with prioritizing and multi-tasking abilities
Rubicon Group is a vertically-integrated, sustainable technology group, providing end-to-end products, services, and software solutions in the fields of:
- Solar energy
- Energy storage
- Smart building and smart retail technology
- Power solutions; and
- Industrial technology
These are some of the fastest growing and most exciting sectors of the global economy, and present our staff with multiple personal and professional development opportunities.
Rubicon’s extensive customer base consists of corporate and retail clients, and include large, blue-chip multinational retail groups, property developers, and EPC customers in the renewable energy sector. Our supplier and commercial partners include leading global manufacturers and some of the best-known local brands. The group employs approximately 500 people, and is head-quartered in Cape Town, South Africa, but operates throughout Southern Africa and in the UK. We are backed by two of the largest private investment groups in South Africa.
More information on the group can be found at:
Group website: https://group.rubiconsa.com/
E-commerce website: https://shop.rubiconsa.com/