Rubicon Group is a young, dynamic, and high-growth company operating in exciting markets. We are dedicated to advancing transformative technologies in emerging markets. Our focus areas are sustainable technology, encompassing renewable energy and storage, e-mobility, intelligent lighting, and building management.
Why work with us?
Your work will make a visible impact in this industry and our country. We are constantly pushing boundaries and innovating in the sustainable energy industries we operate in. You will be a part of a team that wants to make a difference and wants to hear your ideas and make them a reality. We are looking for smart, hard-working people with integrity to join us. One of our goals is to continually improve our business, and to that end, we are seeking people who enjoy a challenge, are keen to learn, take ownership, think critically, and provide new solutions on where we can improve.
We offer a great work environment, market-related remuneration packages, and an opportunity to develop personally and within a team. We are tasked with developing software that is at the forefront of the Sustainable Technology industry. We are looking for individuals that can continue to push innovative ideas forward and expand on our various platform offerings. You will form part of a team that covers PV solutions, Electric Vehicle Charging, and Sustainable Building.
What we would like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent coursework in a related specialized field.
- 3+ years’ work experience in a relevant field
- Broad IT domain experience in three or more of the following areas: Business Analysis, Project Management, Business Intelligence, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interaction with and support the Product Owner to analyze their need and find solutions and fulfil the role of the Product Owner when deemed necessary for the prioritization of requirements.
- Work with business stakeholders to gather business requirements.
- Works with subject matter experts to get functional and non-functional requirements.
- Communicate these needs clearly and effectively to both business and technical
- Interact with users to get end-user requirements and feedback.
- Use various requirements gathering, analysis and elicitation methods to gather and validate requirements considering Agile best practices. Setup and run sessions to gather requirements in consideration of various stakeholders.
- Assists analyzing stakeholder objectives and the underlying issues arising, including investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifying potential benefits and available options for consideration.
- Breakdown high-level requirements into smaller manageable tasks using for example the TIES method (Theme, Initiative, Epic, User story).
- Create User stories with various types of requirements, process flow, UI/UX designs and wireframes, and relevant acceptance criteria which serve to define the scope of the required works.
- Consolidate and confirm requirements, changes and sign-off from various sources and platforms and maintain one source of truth and reference for documentation.
- Document risks, decisions and actions within the project scope and the strategy and management.
- Produce specific business cases and scenarios and defines and documents system acceptance criteria.
- Prioritization or Backlog Grooming
- Ensures that issues, blockers, and uncertainties are mitigated effectively in an Agile approach.
- Works with the Product Owner, or works as a Product Owner to prioritize delivery.
- Supports the day-to-day needs of Scrum teams in understanding customer and business requirements.
- Liaise with the development team for estimation effort of work using appropriate sizing methods.
- Maintains a steady backlog of User Stories, tasks and bugs that are ready to go into sprints for the Scrum team.
- Performs backlog quality assurance of ensuring items going into sprints have all the required detailed information necessary for the planned and their successful implementation
Just some of what we offer:
- Because we are constantly pushing boundaries and innovating in the sustainable energy industries we operate in, your work will make a visible impact in this industry and our country.
- You will be a part of a team that wants to make a difference and wants to hear your ideas and make them a reality.
- We don’t have a trampoline but we do offer challenging and innovative projects that will give you a mental workout.
- The option to be based in either our Richmond Park, Cape Town or our Walmer, Gqeberha offices.
- Hybrid work models.
Rubicon Group is a vertically-integrated, sustainable technology group, providing end-to-end products, services, and software solutions in the fields of:
- Renewable energy
- Energy storage
- Smart building and smart retail technology
- Power solutions; and
- Industrial technology
These are some of the fastest growing and most exciting sectors of the global economy, and present our staff with multiple personal and professional development opportunities.
Rubicon’s extensive customer base consists of corporate and retail clients, and include large, blue-chip multinational retail groups, property developers, and EPC customers in the renewable energy sector. Our supplier and commercial partners include leading global manufacturers and some of the best-known local brands. The group employs approximately 500 people, and is head-quartered in Cape Town, South Africa, but operates throughout Southern Africa and in the UK. We are backed by two of the largest private investment groups in South Africa.
More information on the group can be found at:
Group website: https://group.rubiconsa.com/
E-commerce website: https://shop.rubiconsa.com/